How long does it take for CoQ10 supplements to help?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

How long does it take for CoQ10 supplements to help?

Postby pantaleon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:37 pm

I've been taking 300mg of CoQ10 (with 100 IU of vitamin E) each morning for one week. So far, I have not had any improvement in muscle cramping, soreness, twitching, dizziness or fatigue.

Can anyone tell me how long it should take for the supplements to help? I got the impression that if it wasn't helping even a little bit by now it won't help at all.
pantaleon

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 am

Panteleon: Try raising your Q10 dosage to 300Mg after EVERY MEAL (900Mg/day), and add L-Carnitine to your supplements at one to one & a half grams in 500 Mg doses 2-3X daily (1000 to 1500 Mg). Most of us who take these supplements take near or more than one gram daily. Also, a week is not enough time to make any sort of asssessment - try one to two months at least; maybe more - that's a sorry fact. To help you make informed decisions and strengthen your knowledge of this condition, you should read more of the posts in the category relative to your particular statin drug as well as posts in the 'Muscle Pain and Statins' and 'Statin Drugs' categories on the forum. Also, isolate all of Ray Holder's posts (just click on his name and select the "find all posts by..." link); that will help inform you as well.

Regards

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs