Check your drug risk rating (Zocor is a level 2)

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Check your drug risk rating (Zocor is a level 2)

Postby amjnc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:07 pm

Hello all,
My dad had a quad bypass four years ago and is on all sorts of medication now, one of which is Zocor I believe. I've been doing some research on the web and came across a site that rates the safety level of drugs and emails you alert updates. I decided to use this for my Dad to keep an eye on his meds. The site is *www.iguard.org If you get a chance, I'd be curious what you think - seems cool, especially with all the drug recalls these days.

I posted this message on the Zocor topic but wanted to make sure you were all aware. We have to look out for one another :)
amjnc

Postby Darrell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:37 pm

I dare say most of us here have our own safety level rating systems, and I rate Zocor as a heck of a lot riskier than they do.

I put a few of my wife's meds in and they were all unrated.
Darrell

Reply to Darrell

Postby amjnc » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:32 am

Hi Darrell, I do know you have to register and put in your drugs and conditions to get a personal rating. So Zocor could be safe for my Dad but may not be for your wife because her drugs and conditions will vary than my dad. You might want to try register and see if the rating changes. Thank you.
amjnc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs