pomegranate

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

pomegranate

Postby slrpro02 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:21 pm

HI all
I have been off statins for approx. 1 year. A doctor put me on them approx. 14 years ago. I`am glade I found this forum I started taking the Co Q-10 Acetyl L-Carnitine,vit.C,FO,flaxseed.
I did a search on this site for pomegranate juice, no results. I was surprised. My sister told me about pomegranate juice about 6mths. ago she said that drinking it removes plaque. I googled it returned allot of info.
Has anyone been using it??? Could you give your thoughts??
slrpro02

Postby adec » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D I know very little about Pomegranate for removing plaque. Perhaps someone else can comment. But I have first hand experience with the vitamin K2 (specificially Menaquinone-7) for doing expressly this.

My mom had an x-ray that showed some developing atherosclerosis in her major arteries. That very next day she started taking 90mg of Jarrow's MK-7 vitamin K2 daily. Approximately two months later she had a routine checkup performed, which also included a Doppler carotid. There wasn't a single scintilla of evidence regarding any plaque. And there was a fairly significant drop in blood pressure. In such a short period, the difference was remarkable.

Vitamin K2 stops calcium from collecting in otherwise hardening arteries, and places it back in the bones where it belongs. Without calcium, plaque/oxidized lipids etc. have less chance to collect/rest in the arteries. This greatly decreases the likely risk for congestive heart failure... as arteries improve in overall compliance and flexibility. It's that simple.
adec

Postby Kathy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 am

We have been drinking Pomegranate juice for several months. I am not sure if it has helped with the removal of the plaque but when I had my last check up our ex doctor was very upset that my arteries were clear because he knew that we follow the no-no diet of whole milk, butter, fresh fruits and vegetables and all kinds of meats in moderation. We avoid processed foods as much as possible.
Kathy
Kathy

Postby Gayles57 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm

I have been drinking concentrated Pom Juice for about 6 months. I don't know if it is clearing my arteries or not but my blood pressure is down approximately 7 points (systolic) since starting.

My PSA numbers showed a large reduction, I don't know if its the Pom juice or there was an error in test results. Guess I will find out next year.

Regards

Gayle
Gayles57

Postby poohhel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:22 pm

[quote="Kathy"]
We have been drinking Pomegranate juice for several months.
I am not sure if it has helped with the removal of the plaque
but when I had my last check up our ex doctor was very upset
that my arteries were clear because he knew that we follow
the no-no diet of whole milk, butter, fresh fruits and vegetables
and all kinds of meats in moderation. We avoid processed
foods as much as possible.
Kathy[/quote]

Kathy: Did I read that right-- Your "ex doctor was very upset that arteries were clear" ??? Isn't that a good thing?! I am a bit shocked but perhaps that is why you say ex doctor... :lol:
poohhel

Postby Kathy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:09 pm

That was one of the reasons he is our ex doctor. The other was that he was so hung up on cholesterol and trying to get my husband back on statin drugs that he missed my husbands low hemoglobin count and my husband almost died from a bleeding ulcer. He was 5 to 6 pints low on blood when we got him into the Mayo Clinic. A man only has around 12 pints of blood. The bleeding ulcer was caused by the over use of prednisone. Hubby had developed a toxity to the stuff. The only positive thing to come up of this is that Mayo clinic has listed among husband's allergies STATINS! He is being weaned off the prednisone and we are hoping that his bout with polymagalia rhuematica and temporal arteritis is going to disappear soon.

The Mayo Clinic was an awesome experience. The doctors do not seem to be controlled by the drug companies. He returns for follow up tests in September.
Kathy
Kathy

Postby poohhel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:25 am

Kathy: I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better. What a scary situation. I have heard a lot about the Mayo clinic, I was considering a visit to one to see if they could help me figure out what is going on. Keep us informed and best wishes for your husband's continued recovery.
poohhel

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs