zocor side effects

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

zocor side effects

Postby gdm4411 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:02 pm

I have just found this site and thought I would add my experience with this terrible drug.

I am 48 years old. I felt pretty young until I was perscribed this. I had a minor heart attack in Sept of last year. I was put on zocor that day. Although my cholesterol wasn't real high, the docs wanted it lower. I have since, had no energy, some joint pain, weakness throughout entire body, but especially in my legs. About two months ago, all of the sudden I got worse. Very fast. I started noticing that I was getting weaker and more tired every day. Also, pain in my legs started and progressively worse by the day. Within a week, the pain was from my feet up past my knees. I couldn't make it up the stairs.
I did some searching on the net for side effects. Everything pointed to the zocor. So, I stopped taking it. Within three days, I re-gained some energy. My legs are still very wobbly and weak. I tire very easily .
I haven't missed a day of work in 20 years. Have owned my own business. I have since lost my business and am unable to work in my proffesion due to the side effects of this drug.

I would recommend that everyone stop taking all statins . It is not worth the risk!!
gdm4411

Postby Darrell » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:29 pm

"I couldn't make it up the stairs."
Yes, that was the point at which I got serious too. For about a week before that I told myself that maybe I was just getting the flu, but I never got it. I also told myself that the leg problem was just a consequence of a knee hyperextension a few weeks earlier. Now I know the knee hyperextension was just an early symptom.

"I have since lost my business..."
I know that pain too.

Consider taking Q10 and L-Carnitine. Get a cane. Try compression stockings if you can't sleep due to leg ache. L-Carnitine worked best for me. Search my posts and Ray Holder's posts from late-April 2006 onward.
Darrell

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs