Relief for the 1st Time in months!

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Relief for the 1st Time in months!

Postby Janice » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:52 pm

After taking statins for 4 months, I developed bad "brain fog", blood pressure problems and muscle pain in my thighs. About 1 week after discontinuing Crestor the "brain fog" cleared, the blood pressure returned to normal, but the muscle pain continued for 3 months until 2 weeks ago. The pain was almost constant, even waking me several times a night. It took several weeks to get an appointment with a rheumotologist and then I had to reschedule. I still am waiting to see him. Two weeks ago I noticed I had 2 almost pain-free days. I analyzed everything I did and ate. The only thing different was I ate 2 hot dogs with mustard (something I never eat). After 2 more days, the pain returned. I ate the hot dogs with (spicy brown)mustard again and did some research on mustard. Turns out it has anti-inflammary properties. I have eaten 1 tablespoon on whatever I want for 2 weeks and the muscle pain is 80% gone!!! Sounds totally crazy and may not even be related, but I figure eating mustard is not going to hurt me and is certainly better than anti-inflammatory drugs. Drugs are what got me into this mess in the first place! If anyone else finds relief from mustard, please reply to this post and let me know!
Janice

Postby Dee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:38 am

Hi Janice,

There may be something to the mustard theory. My Mom swears by regular yellow mustard for leg cramps. She says one teaspoon instantly cures the charlie horse type cramps she sometimes gets at night.

Something to consider, anyway.
Dee

Postby Dee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:30 am

Janice,

Google "yellow mustard for leg cramps" and some info will come up for you.
Dee

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs