Sexual Side Effects / What is the answer?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Sexual Side Effects / What is the answer?

Postby harley2ride » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 pm

I see information here about ED and other sexual side effects, but no links or ideas as to what is safe and effective to help with the problem. I definately have more problems achieving and keeping an erection. From what I have researched, I can't find anything that is safe and effective in helping with this problem. Anyone have any information that is helpful and useful?
harley2ride

Reply for Harley

Postby sos_group_owner » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:32 am

Hello Harley,

Dr Graveline discusses causes in his article:
http://www.spacedoc.net/sexual_side_effects_statins.htm

Have 'low testosterone levels' and/or 'enlarged prostate' been eliminated?

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 am

As a female, my labito completely dissapeared the entire time I was on the stuff. Soon as I got off, it came back. After quitting, I could tell my hormones were messed up and had them checked but they checked out normal (they said). I am now suffering with a problem caused by low totesterone and it is very unpleasent... I never connected my new problem with the statin until I watched Dr. Golombs You Tube video, then I got MAD all over again! This new problem I have is lifelong and there is no cure for. THANKS PFIZER!
Cat Mom2

Postby SusieO » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:45 am

Cat have you ever had a 24 hour saliva test? The test is done at home; when you get up in the morning before you eat you simply spit in to a tiny plastic test tube. Before lunch and dinner you do the same thing and then again before going to bed. My wellness dr is the one who has me do this every 4 months since last October.

I have been doing this to have my hormone levels checked this past year and it really has done me a world of difference vs the regular blood tests they do.

I now take Cortisol, DHEA and a natural progesterone creme for my hormonal imbalance and it really has helped in every aspect.
SusieO

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs