Helpful GP

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Helpful GP

Postby Samuel Joe snr. » Tue May 29, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi, I had my 6 month check up today and explained all my side effects i.e. severe muscle, joints and back pains etc., and told him that I was feeling like an old man as well as taking 6/8 pain relieving tablets a day. But after visiting this site and seeing all you with similar problems I stopped taking statins completely about 3/4 weeks ago following a gradual withdrawal of pill dosage and that now I feel a new man ,no pains ,no pain killer tablets, and no longer feeling lathargic sleeping much better etc etc. can even almost run up and down stairs. He was delighted and said that I should stop taking statins forthwith and was most helpful., so it's not all doom and gloom maybe some doctors are listening. I wish you all well and was pleased I found you all before I was resigned to a life of pain and misery. Good Luck keep on fighting and maybe the penny will drop. I think after we are perscribed to statins as individuals we think it is normal that the feelings we get are not necessarily the drugs but a normal ageing process and we don't feel like complaining so we soldier on regardless. Cheers :P :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Samuel Joe snr.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue May 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Samuel Joe: Congratulations. Keep taking the COQ10, etc. and keep improving. Always good to hear a success story.

Best Wishes,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby adec » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:50 am

This makes me so very happy to hear of your progress. Like perhaps a movement so small could possibly have an even greater impact in this age of disinformation and pure pharmaceutical madness. Keep up the great work Joe. :)
adec

Postby Cat Mom2 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:29 am

You are lucky that your doctor listened and didn't whip out the ole Rx pad and say "Let's try another one" like mine did. I pray more and more will believe and learn the harm these drugs do!
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs