6 months for me to feel better!

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

6 months for me to feel better!

Postby redheadedmary » Fri May 25, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey, I haven't posted on this site in a long time but just wanted everyone who was interested to know that it took me about 6 months to feel better after my short time (1 1/2 months) taking lovastatin. I had muscle wasting in my upper arms and legs and my muscles felt so weak! My muscle mass finally returned. I can ride my bike again and I am doing pretty well. I hope everybody else gets to feeling better.
Mary
redheadedmary

Postby Brian C. » Mon May 28, 2007 2:14 am

Good news Mary! :D

I'm finding that my heart muscle has significantly improved since stopping the poison a couple of months back (after 17 years!!)

Onward and upward

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby SusieO » Mon May 28, 2007 7:00 am

Good for you Mary - I hope your strength continues to improve until you are back to 100%!
SusieO

Postby Cat Mom2 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm

July will be one year off for me and I am still suffering the effects.. I am taking all the supplements reccomended here, do you take any others that could have helped you improve that much? It seems to be attacking my joints instead of the muscles but I am willing to try anything to get better.
Cat Mom2

Postby redheadedmary » Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey Catmom2, I took the supplements for a good three months straight. After that, it was on and off till I just quit taking them completely. They did seem to help because I went off of them for awhile and felt REALLY miserable then started them back up and felt still a little miserable but not as bad as when I didn't take them at all. I had some joint pain too but nothing seemed to help that. The whole experience was miserable! I am only 33 years old so I don't know if thats why I bounced back quicker or not. I don't take any supplements now, not even a multi-vitamin. I am just relieved that the terrible muscle weakness is gone.
redheadedmary

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs