If you want to take action...

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

If you want to take action...

Postby Brian C. » Fri May 25, 2007 4:09 am

...this is the lawyer who is happy to take on Big Pharma on your behalf :

*http://www.krumlaw.com/profiles.html

Brian.
Brian C.

Re: If you want to take action...

Postby SusieO » Fri May 25, 2007 7:30 am

[quote="Brian C."]...this is the lawyer who is happy to take on Big Pharma on your behalf :

*http://www.krumlaw.com/profiles.html

Brian.[/quote]
I received a call from one of his associates and sent them my information and heard nothing back. About four months ago I called the office and spoke to Attorney Krum. His words to me were "you need to find an attorney in your area to handle your case". Some help - I was very disappointed to say the least. :cry:
SusieO

Postby Brian C. » Fri May 25, 2007 7:43 am

Maybe that means his office has more of that kind of case than they can handle, putting the most optimistic spin on the situation.
Whatever the reason a disappointing response :(
Thanks Susie.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Dee » Fri May 25, 2007 11:28 am

Krum's office also called me. They had ZERO interest in me because I took Pravachol instead of Lipitor.
Dee

Postby SusieO » Fri May 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Dee that is too bad. I was on Lipitor, but I guess my permanent damage is not "bad" enough for someone of his caliber to take my case on???

I can not afford to hire a private attorney, so I am praying that there will be a class-action lawsuit and I can get some type of satisfaction from that when they open it up to all who have taken Lipitor as well as other statins and have suffered.
SusieO

Postby Cat Mom2 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:19 pm

I took Lipitor and am sure all the problems I have had over the years and still having almost 1 year off are ALL statin related but I have quit reporting anything to my doctor as all he wants to do is give me another Rx for some other drug equally as dangerous as the statins. I am sure since there isn't a long list documented at my doctors, they would not be interested in me either, you can bet they only want the worst cases anyway and the rest of us just have to suffer.
Cat Mom2

Postby Dee » Wed May 30, 2007 6:27 am

Susie,

You should not have to pay an attorney up front, the usual deal is they only get paid a certain percent (30% - 40% is the norm) if you win your case.

However, I and many others have contacted attorneys all over the country and they will only take cases IF:

1. The drug has been recalled.

2. You were hospitalized with Rhabdomyolosis.

Mark Krum is the exception, taking on Lipitor while it is still on the market, and for adverse effects other than Rhabdomyolosis.

The only way the rest of us will see any compensation is if the government intervenes with some kind of program for victims, but the odds of that are about 0%.
Dee

Postby Dee » Wed May 30, 2007 6:40 am

CatMom, I agree, they will only take the worst cases. Those cases where they collect the medical records, file the lawsuit, then sit back and wait for their big fat chunk of the pie.
Dee

my way of "taking action"

Postby JL » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 am

I am not a statin sufferer but I know of someone who is.
My way of taking action has been to get on the TV public access channel in my town. This TV station allows the public to speak out on any issue bugging them for 5 minutes each month. So every month for the last several months I have been using this method to get the word out on the dangers of statin drugs and that high cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease.
JL

Postby harley2ride » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:25 am

I too have contacted at least 50 attorneys over the past three years. Each and every one of them stated I had a good case, but all declined to take it, and stated that I should continue to pursue the matter. It seems greed controls more than just the pharma's.

Maybe, just maybe, if we got groups of folks together (by medication, with similar symptoms), we could get them to do a group lawsuit. I know that I am not looking to get rich, I would just like to recoup the over $50,000.00 out of pocket I spent getting diagnosed, and a couple hundred thousand more to cover future medical and pay for my medications. You would think that there would be an attorney or two, who would be willing to attempt such a feat.

It might be something to consider. In my case, I would have to find more folks who have mitochondrial myopathy.
harley2ride

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs