A chemist's take on statins& the "cholesterol-lower

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

A chemist's take on statins& the "cholesterol-lower

Postby adec » Thu May 24, 2007 6:48 am

I suppose a trained chemist might have a firmer grasp of chemical reactions in the human body than that of your average pharmaceutical representative or doctor. Shane Ellison, M.Sc was generous enough to share his opinions by way of this informative, yet easily-understood 42-page e-book.

The opening preface starts with this simple testament, "As a medicinal chemist, I discovered startling evidence surrounding cholesterol-lowering drugs. Chemically, they are known as atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), simvastatin (Zocor), and rosuvastatin (Crestor). The belief that these drugs prevent heart disease is undeniably false - but more importantly, dangerous. The cholesterol-lowering myth being spread by pharmaceutical companies worldwide could rightfully be considered the deadliest health myth in the history of mankind. Numerous studies consistently show that the higher our cholesterol the longer we live and vice-versa. This reality has been hidden and pushed under the already-stuffed pharmaceutical rug." He later goes on to lament, "Medical doctors, drug manufacturers and nutritional supplement companies make billions of dollars browbeating us into believing that cholesterol is an enemy to our bodies. This statement is made with such redundancy that it has handicapped health logic among some of the most respected health experts in the world."

You can read the rest here:
*http://health-fx.net/eBook.pdf

If you don't have it already, you'll need Adobe Acrobat to view this e-book. It's a simple download and a fairly quick install. Highly worth the effort.
*http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html
adec

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu May 24, 2007 11:53 am

adec: Thanks. I'll be sure to read this. Looks good.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs