Vytorin/CoQ10

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Vytorin/CoQ10

Postby PAD » Mon May 21, 2007 11:18 am

I was changed from Liptor to Vytorin 10/80 last November. I had really bad leg and joint pain while on the Lipitor. Last Aug. I asked my GP if this could be the side effect of statin drugs. He said not and ordered a nerve study. (I am diabetic, type 2 and only for about 3 years) The nerve study showed slight nerve damage. He assumed this was the problem with the pain and prescribed Lyrica. No improvement. Also the pain I was feeling did not fit the diabetic neuropathy pain description. It is a deep muscle pain. He would not order the test for the statin side effect. Vytorin fixed the chloresteral ( sp? ) and triglyceride problem but the pain continued and got worse. I found this site and decided to get off the Vytorin on my own. At the same time I started the vitiman and mineral regiment recommended. It did not take long for the muscle pain to stop. WONDERFUL!!! All of that to say this... Last week I went on vacation and did not bring the vitamins, and CoQ/10. The pain came back. Does it take a while for the muscles to heal? And could I possibly get back on on the Vytorin and include the CoQ/10,etc. at the same time? I really don't trust my dr of 30 years to admit he was wrong....PAD
PAD

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon May 21, 2007 11:54 am

PAD: Personally, I'd rather eat dirt! I regret MOST SINCERELY the day I began Statin therapy, and I would do ANYTHING to avoid taking another Statin drug. I plan to continue on the supplements regimen as long as it is helpful and NEVER, and I MEAN NEVER take another Statin drug! There. I think that is as direct an answer as you're likely to get. Oh yes, one more thing: tell your Dr. he's a complete, bumbling ass, and find someone competent to tend to your health!

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Ray Holder » Tue May 22, 2007 10:39 am

PAD
I went back on a statin, lipitor,after a stroke 2 years ago, but insisted that I continued with my Q10. It only took a little while for my angina to rear its ugly head again and I have decided never to take another statin, they create more problems than they solve.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby PAD » Tue May 22, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks for the imput guys. Wanna hear something that really sucks?? Now they (whoever they are) want to take my diabetes meds off the market and it was working great. It seems I'm doomed to have heart problems...Guess I'm just disgusted with the whole drug industry..PAD
PAD

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs