Alternative Medicines

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Alternative Medicines

Postby toyduck » Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 am

Your website advertised links to aternative treatments such as Cholestasys. Has anyone any feedback on how effective these are as an alternative? Are there any issues with these remedies?
toyduck

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue May 08, 2007 12:25 pm

toyduck: You should prob address your ? to the system administator.
Commercial Ads found on this site are usually not created or endorsed by its owners or users, but are 'spammed' in and not welcome. I know of no such (Cholestasys) recommendation here. There are (cholesterol reducing) supplements out there, but, as far as I know, their effects and effectiveness are; as yet, uncertain.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Alternatives and Spam:

Postby catamaran » Mon May 14, 2007 12:40 pm

I must concur with cjbrooksjc: Most of the adverts for alternatives that pop up on this or any open forum are spam; however, why be concerned with alternatives to treat a non-problem?

Evidence that "cholesterol" has little to do with the onset of heart disease (CVD) is over-whelming. Search out the underlying causes of CVD and then draw you own conclusions as to the best way to treat/prevent it.

To your health, C.
catamaran

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs