Media/News Groups might finally be getting a clue!

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Media/News Groups might finally be getting a clue!

Postby harley2ride » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 am

Saw an article in my local paper today "Study: Most doctors take freebies from drug reps" . It was posted by Denise Gellene with the Los Angeles Times. They have finally figured out, what many of us have know for years. DUH!
Now we just have to wait and see if anything is done about this practice. I won't hold my breath though.
harley2ride

Postby catspajamas » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:06 pm

The physician I fired because of his attitude about statins had a regular phamacy set up in his office where he designated a certain day to "pass out" samples of drugs reps had left at his office.....I always wondered about the legality of such a practice...its one thing to give a patient a sample if it was warranted but to pass out samples in the hundreds??????
catspajamas

Postby SusieO » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:07 pm

This morning on Good Morning America they said that the doctors that take the most freebies from drug reps. are Family and Cardio docs...my, my, my just the ones to hand out those NASTY STATINS!!!!

Here is a link to an article about this: *http://abcnews.go[b]DOT[/b].com/Health/story?id=3080645&page=1
SusieO

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs