Will everyone please sign this global petition to WHO!

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby xrn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:39 am

Brooks:
Is it possible, now that we can no longer edit our own posts, to use the Administrator to put a preface in the heading of the original post that reads something like:

" If you are reading this HMO alert it is imperative you take the time to add your name to the list of supporters; even as an anonymous member your vote counts and will be sorely missed. PLEASE take the time to support this effort! It takes only a minute, and you CAN remain annonymous"

I just think we need to put a 'hook' in the front of our message.

What do you think?

xrn:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hi Brooks, I am surprised to learn that we could edit our messages. I never found that particular button so many of my posts had the usual assortment of typos and poor sentence construction. I had used the preview as my editor but often missed mistakes.

I can see what you are saying but the evidence is that even a simple request that is put simply (such as the thread title) does not appear to be very effective. I think that a new strategy may be required but have not yet got to grips with the human condition and all its manifestations... meaning I am not sure what will hook people into signing up. [quiet thought - perhaps this is due to cultural differences?] ;)

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 pm

xrn: Cultural diffs? Well, I signed it, and I'm not very cultured (ouch!). Seriously, I, as you, simply can't understnad why SO MANY people are not signing. Even if many of the counted views are re-visits to read updated stats, the % of signators seems unbelievably low. Gotta go -

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby xrn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi Brooks, I have just posted the response rate in the MORE thread but it will do no harm to repeat it here...

3575 thread views
24 signatures
.67% of thread viewers (views) have signed up

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:35 pm

xrn: Do you ever wonder how many cube tubes (office PC's) at Merck, Pfizer, etc. are logged on to this site daily? Do you wonder now? They would be troglodyte stupid not to look, and maybe even 'look' A LOT just to get the % down. I'm not paranoid; just a bit suspicious and highly overcautious (now) about anything related to Statins. Still, the numbers are depressing; I know.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby xrn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:19 pm

No Brooks, I had not given that issue any thought. I wonder why there are, apparently, several thousand members of spacedoc.net and so few feel it is worth their time. I don't think any drug company would have its employees engaged in the sort of activity you describe, because it is intrinsically worthless. I have considerable control over the retention of signatories and I can delete any that are accidentally duplicated. If I see any that are unhelpful, then I can remove them as well. [whoo hoo! the p[power is all mine] ;)

I think that even if the percentage number was being manipulated downwards, people here would tend to think for themselves and it ought not to be a factor in whether they sign up or not. As far as I can tell, the worse thing that can happen to us is that we may die... and that has already been established as a future event so I am not going to worry about upsetting the pharmaceutical company. :)

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:08 pm

xrn: I don't give a tic about upsettng the Phama either. I just think, with all the Rx suits in the past, they would be remiss not to keep an ear (or an eye) to the commentary here. I wager they look at all these sites. I don't think for a minute they would sign the petition; even to register a negative remark, but I don't put anything past them in terms of a little reconnaissance, a little light spy work. I'll bet someone reads this forum who is on the payroll! And, I bet they can smell a bit of blood in the water... dum, dum.... dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby xrn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 pm

LOL :lol:

I was not sure whether the tune was from JAWS but your comments about blood in the water made me think it had to be. Cracked me up anyways. Thanks for the light-hearted stuff. :)

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:36 am

xrn: Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Global Petition Statistics - Saturday 14th April 2007

Postby xrn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:05 am

Signatures: 26

Thread views: 3754

Percentage: .69%

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Global Petition statistics update

Postby xrn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Thread views: 3863

Signatures: 28

Percentage: .72%

On the brighter side, there is a very impressive set of personal accounts and it should make any clinician stop and think.

Kind regards to all
xrn
xrn

Global petition update

Postby xrn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Hello all,
It has been a few days since I posted a petition update so here it is. I had thought that it would be easy to appeal to the members of this forum because they are largely here because of statin damage. I have been really surprised at just how wide of the mark my original thinking was. :(

Anyway, FWIW, here are the statistics...

Thread views: 4180

Petition Signatures: 29

Signatory Percentage: A very depressing .69% of the total number of thread viewers.

Kind regards to all
xrn
xrn

Another global petition update.

Postby xrn » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Hello all,
Yet another petition update here. :)

Thread views: 4453

Signatures: 31

Percentage uptake: .69%

In other news, I have been welcomed as a lay member of THINCS (just awaiting the formalities) and Dr Uffe Ravnskof is going to advertise the global petition more widely, by linking to it from the THINCS website.

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:16 am

xrn: Outstanding news. Congatulations to you and to THINCS. Also, maybe the % of signators will go up on your petition.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Brian C. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 am

Good news indeed xrn! :D

Brian.
Brian C.

another petition update

Postby xrn » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:41 am

The number is slowly creeping up (41 signatures in total) and we can surely do better than that. Even if you are just a new visitor to spacedoc.net, your signature is very valuable, if you have been harmed or damaged in any way by statins or if you have friends or relatives that have been damaged by statins, then PLEASE encourage them to sign the petition as well.

We are on the brink of a very large movement against the use statins and people are slowly beginning to hear us. Your voice counts and it will help to make a difference... and we need to hear it too. Please take a moment to sign up. Thank you.

*http://www.gopetition.com/online/11757.html

Kind regards,
xrn

*http://talkingstatins.com/
xrn

petition update

Postby xrn » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am

Hi All,
The global petition has reached 63 signatures and I am working on getting some more publicity for it. Looking forward to the first 100! :)

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby poohhel » Tue May 01, 2007 1:31 pm

I just went and read the 500-word comments on most of the petition signatures... very sad stories as well as very strong evidence... I only pray that someone is going to listen before many more people are hurt. Thanks xrn for keeping us up-to-date.
poohhel

Postby xrn » Tue May 01, 2007 11:06 pm

poohhel:
I just went and read the 500-word comments on most of the petition signatures... very sad stories as well as very strong evidence... I only pray that someone is going to listen before many more people are hurt. Thanks xrn for keeping us up-to-date.

xrn:
Hi Poohel. Yes, sad stories indeed. I cannot understand how, in the face of just those few stories, that medical practitioners could prescribe a statin with a clear conscience.

Poohel, I am coming to the conclusion, albeit reluctantly, that it is money (rather than conscience) that is driving the prescribing of statins. The situation in the UK is truly shocking because the medical practitioner has to meet government targets as a matter of contract! UK residents have very little choice but to accept the medic that they are assigned. Witha service that is 'Free' at the point of service, it becomes quite difficult to challenge a medic.

My web-site is starting to take shape now and I am just beginning to make it a site that can be looked at on several levels. There is a general information level. A simplified bullet point level and then a more detailed level. Either way, when I have finished my pages on the effects of statins on the mevalonate pathway, it will arm a lot of ordinary people with the knowledge about statins and the questions that they should be asking their medical practitioner.

I am going to create a downloadable PDF file of questions to ask the medic and there will be tick boxes to signify that the question was answered. It could form part of an information pack to statin users.

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 pm

xrn: FORMS! Great! One of the things missing in this morass of information is a set of condensed "deliverables" the Statin user can print off and fill out to record and define their declining condition. Maybe some sort of form they can use to measure and record recovery, and an understandable listing of Statin side effects in terms of categories, ie. neurological, muscular/skeletal, epidermal, psychological, etc. Check boxes or true/false selections - something simple and useful. Also, how about a list of supplements, general dosage amounts and their intended effect. Lots of possibilities. I'm rambling, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I LIKE the idea! Just have to be careful about legal entanglements.

Regards

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby xrn » Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 am

Brooks:
xrn: FORMS! Great! One of the things missing in this morass of information is a set of condensed "deliverables" the Statin user can print off and fill out to record and define their declining condition. Maybe some sort of form they can use to measure and record recovery, and an understandable listing of Statin side effects in terms of categories, ie. neurological, muscular/skeletal, epidermal, psychological, etc. Check boxes or true/false selections - something simple and useful. Also, how about a list of supplements, general dosage amounts and their intended effect. Lots of possibilities. I'm rambling, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I LIKE the idea! Just have to be careful about legal entanglements.

Regards

Brooks

xrn:
Yes, Brooks, FORMS! I had the idea that many people, when confronted by a doctor at a consutation, do not have the presence of mind to ask the questions which they intended to ask. The people I have encouraged to write list of pre-prepared questions for the consultation have usually managed to get many of them answered.

I see this as working a bit differently, in that it will threaten the medic much more. Taking up time during a consultation is not necessarily the best time to put the doc under pressure. If you could, for a moment, envisage forms that can be completed by the patients such as record of adverse symptoms... say date, duration, strength and provoking cause, that would be a very valuable document to present at a consultation.

A second document would have specific questions about the resulting damage from the interference with the mevalonate pathway end-products. I see this as being left with the medic to answer and post back to the patient. I could design an e-mail form for completion too. (what a great database that would provide!) A third form would ask specific questions relating to the patient's own circumstances and it would start out by being gender related, then age related then secondary medical condition related.

One form for the website would be a genral should I be taking statins form (to generate a yes or no answer at the end) and that way we could keep statins from being used for secondary prevention rather than primary prevention where they have not proven to be effective. Maybe all forms should claim to be provided by talking statins.com so that curious medics can see where we are coming from.

[xrn takes a deep breath] Maybe you, Brooks, would like to collaborate with Brian (are you listening Brian?) ;) and rough out some forms and I will translate them into the PDF format for immediate use.

whaddya say, Brooks? :cool:

Kind regards,
xrn
xrn

PreviousNext

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs