Mitochondrial Restoration

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:47 am

Biologist: Yes, I had read these threads, except for the final one about hearing. (I especially remember the word: armamentarium in the text.) They are primarily responsible for my jumping on the idebenone horse to begin with after reading one of your posts (and I'm not complaining; believe me!) But at the same time elemental additions (Hydergine, Piracetain, Vinpocetine) found in the verbiage along with Idebenone make me careful about reacting like the kinght in Alice in Wonderland (mounting my horse and riding off in all directions at once) and not knowing, in the end, what fixed the problem; I'm certain you know what I mean. It's hard to be methodical and practical when my own health is at stake. So, as I said earlier, I will take the idebenone for a couple weeks and keep a log; we'll see. It sounds like panacea - let's hope it is. AND, I have hearing loss from being too close to artillary shells when they found the ground. It would be wonderful to eliminate 'Huh?' from my vocab - a nice fringe 'bennie'.
I was also happy to see EAA responsibility asssigned to Aspertame and MSG.

Good post. very informative.

Thanks,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby harley2ride » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:12 am

My case is full blown Mitochondrial Myopathy (under Muscular Distrophy Assn now), and I can't say what has really helped for sure, but here is what I'm taking:
2000 mg Fish Oil, MitoCH Power (I take two daily)(which has )
Natural Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 200.00 IU 667%

Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl) 50.00 mg 3,333%

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 5.00 mg 294%

Vitamin B3 (niacinamide) 50.00 mg 250%

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl) 20.00 mg 1,000%

Folic Acid (as folacin) 800.00 mcg 200%

Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) 1.00 mg (1,000.00 mcg) 16,666%

Selenium (selenomethionine) 100.00 mcg 143%

Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)(ChromeMate®) 100.00 mcg 83%

Coenzyme Q10 200.00 mg *

Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl 130.00 mg *

Alpha Lipoic Acid 100.00 mg *

Then I take 5mg Nadh daily, 100mg Wellbutrin, and 100mg Lyrica daily.

When I've run out the the Lyrica for more than a day or two, I start getting bad again. I haven't tried stopping the Wellbutrin to see what happens. I'm afraid to stop any of it, as I've felt better these past 3 months, than I have on any given day in the past 3 years.

I like the MitoCHPower, as it enabled me to stop taking 8 different pills, and now take just 2 to get the same stuff. Even though I'm now taking lower doses of COQ10 and L-Carnatine daily, I am still doing quite well.
harley2ride

Postby Biologist » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Good idea, Harley. I may get around to putting up my list sometime.

Yours doesn't look to bad to me, except for a few minor concerns.

Here one:

Where's the Beef?! :shock:

*http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg

I understand not everyone buys into the Vitamin C theory, but what do you have against Vitamin D? :)

*http://www.insinc.com/onlinetv/directms13oct2005/softvnetplayer.htm

I take at least 1,000 IU per day (250%) particularly over the winter.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Biologist » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 pm

Brooks,

My shipment got in today and I took my first dose. Meager instructions. They don't say to take with a meal or not. Are your capsules pretty small too? Also it's a powder -- not like the CoQ10 "liquids" we are use to.

I did get around to reading that weightlifter's thread. Interesting. From there I got to one of their supplement sites and was disturbed to see that you can buy Idebenone by the boat load real cheap in big plastic jars. If it is the same stuff, we maybe paying a lot for little dissolvable capsules. Your going light may have been the way to go.

Good luck on the hearing improvement -- that's one of the reasons I keep my distance from those loud and pesky artillery shells!

Biologist
Biologist

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Biologist: Yes, meagre instructons. I remember reading to take it with Lecithin or some other 'fatty' carrier; it's akin to CoQ10, so I expect it follows the same dissolution process (generally). Bulk idebenone ... I don't know. I saw that too and instantly wondered about purity and open container degradation/oxidation, but I didn't follow through to get an answer. It IS cheaper though. Most of the ideb came from Japan a while back (I read somewhere). Don't know if the anabolic site stuff is from Japan or not (that would actually comfort me a bit). It is interesting to read those posts though; a whole other theater of interest in the same products; who knew?
Nothing to report on my personal ideb experience; it's been two days and I could imagine anything. At least nothing BAD to report.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Harley2ride: Good to hear you're feeling better. I might take a powder form if I could find one without B3, but I'll stick with my pills for now. Here's to your continued improvement.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs