Great news to support this Dr. Gravelines form of treatment

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Great news to support this Dr. Gravelines form of treatment

Postby djo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:02 pm

I was put on Advicor in late 2005 of course the horendous side effects started immediately. After about 6 weeks on the medicine I truly felt I was near a heart attack and quit taking the medicine. I had been prescribed as I had small dense LDL which means the bad cholesterol is very tiny and embeds itself into your arteries easily. The niacin in advicor is to fluff up the LDL and the statin to flush it away. I had the doppler done on my carotid arteries when I was first diagnosed and I was one point below being in the highest risk category for stroke or heart attack. When I was taking Advicor and feeling so awful I found this website. As soon as I stopped taking the statin I went on Dr. Graveline's regime. I had the doppler redone 5 months later, I was then in the lowest risk category. Just this week I had a ct-scan done on my heart as I was having some issues and have a lot of heart problems in my family so they wanted to rule it out first. I also had and EKG, the EKG was clear and the ct-scan was spotless. I am a 50 year old female, my doctor said that by 50 most people are starting to have some plaque build up but I had absolutely none. Yeah!! I told him it was because I refused his medicine and had gone with the regime listed here and he said I don't care how you got here just keep it up. I just wish they would really listen and learn for themselves how damaging the statins really are, I know he still prescribes them as my brother in law is also his patient and he is on Crestor..... As for me I will continue to take the vitamins and supplements listed here and I tell everyone who is having cholesterol issues to come to this site first before taking 1 statin tablet. I know it has saved my life.
djo

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:22 pm

djo: Kudos! Hope we all develop like stories in time. Your recovery offers hope to the rest of us.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Biologist » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:05 pm

That certainly is an encouraging account !

Thanks for posting.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby poohhel » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:59 pm

I know the original post was a month ago...but I just found it today...and it must have been fate because today is probably one of the lowest most depressing days since I found this site and began to get a clue...

So boy did I need these encouraging words/results. Thank you!
poohhel

Postby Cat Mom2 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 pm

poohhel, I can not tell you what a differance this sight and those supplements have made in my life. I feel like I am a new person. Don't give up, it does get better for some of us! My turn around has just blown me away, I feel like one day I was 99 years old and now I am my correct age and full of energy again!

djo, congratulations on your turn around and your doctors attitude! Maybe he already had a hint of what's been happening with these drugs and is starting to open his eyes.... or maybe YOU started the process of opening his eyes!
Cat Mom2

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:11 am

Poohhel: Stick with the regimen; it takes time, but it does work. You may have occasional setbacks and may, on occasion, even think you are losing ground. Don't get discouraged; it will pass. The yo-yo syndrome seems to be normal recovery activity (for me and many others). I CAN tell you I feel SO MUCH better than I did before I found this site and began the supplements. Hang in there, and keep us involved!

Best Wishes,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Everytime I have a bad day

Postby poohhel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm

Brooks: Today is one of those days. I feel drained and the cramps and pain are at an all time high. I have been unable to function in my normal duties at home and work.

Brooks: You know everytime I am having a bad day I go back to this post and read the words of encouragement. Once again THANK YOU!!
poohhel

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:02 pm

poohhel: Be sure you are not doing anything that can cause you difficulties unintentionally. I was taking a Multi B with NIACIN, and it turned out to be affecting my recovery (I don't handle Niacin (B3) well). I felt better when I quit taking it. Vitamin A and D seemed to boost my recovery too. I found that a steam bath sweat of 20 to 30 minutes (I guess dry heat would do) helped me feel better, but it also put me to sleep; so, I have to limit them to the evening. Aside from those gems, I don't know what else to suggest. I'ts so great the site has provided much needed support for you. I found it so useful that, in the beginning, my wife began to ask just "Who" I was sending all those notes to. The site has been a life saver for me. Finally, I do think exercise, even tho it hurts a bit, does help; in moderation.

Best wishes,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs