zocor and stress incontinence....

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

zocor and stress incontinence....

Postby catspajamas » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:41 pm

While I was on zocor I started having stess incontinence...besides the weak/ painful muscles(and periferal neurapathy)....It was after I was off zocor a couple of years that I noticed I don't have stress incontinence anymore....stands to reason if it was damaging other muscles it was interferring with the normal way muscles react with the bladder too....I truly feel that if I hadn't of went off statins when I did I would of died......I was that sick......
catspajamas

Postby Cat Mom2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:07 am

There has been a noticable differance in my bladder since I got off of the statins. While on them I would be fine one moment and the next I was have the sudden urge to go and if I didn't have a place to go and had to wait... Well, I better not sneeze or cough! These urges were frequent and sudden and when I did go.. It was like someone cut the faucet WIDE open and it came out with so much POWER that is always amazed me.

Since off of them, my habits are back to normal, it just seems that sometimes it is a lot slower stream and I have to force it out or it takes forever. Thanks for bringint this up since it is something that not everybody is comfortable talking about. I would be interested is seeing if men had the same problem.
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs