COQ10 ,L carnitine....reactions?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

COQ10 ,L carnitine....reactions?

Postby catspajamas » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 pm

I started the CoQ10 and carnitine and I have had abd pain(gas) and epigastric distress.....Has anyone suffered any adversie side effects to these 2 supplements? I was wondering because I have fibromyalgia beside the pn and could it be a fibro flare or a reaction to the 2 supplements?
catspajamas

Postby Ray Holder » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:28 pm

Q10 only causes problems if you are taking a lot of tablets etc for stomach acidity and yeast grows fast in an alkali stomach. The other problem is if you are on warfarin, whose effect it modifies.

Carnitine usually only gives problems if you are taking too high a dose, so it may pay you to cut down a little, the polio network of W Australia advises to build up your dose by 250 or 500 mg a day until your bowels object, and then drop back by 250mg.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby SusieO » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 am

I went back on the CoQ10 this past week and also noticed problems with abdominal pain/gas. I also take Nexium for acid reflux and hiatal hernia.
SusieO

Postby harley2ride » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Ditto.. I was taking Nexium, and now have switch to prevacid in the morning, and some other pill similar to prevacid in the evening, and it has helped immensly. But I know what you are talking about.
harley2ride

Re: COQ10 ,L carnitine....reactions?

Postby vipergg22 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 pm

[quote="catspajamas"]I started the CoQ10 and carnitine and I have had abd pain(gas) and epigastric distress.....Has anyone suffered any adversie side effects to these 2 supplements? I was wondering because I have fibromyalgia beside the pn and could it be a fibro flare or a reaction to the 2 supplements?[/quote]

i think its the acetyl l carnitine , I get some gas from taking that also .
vipergg22

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs