A current editorial piece in The Lancet

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

A current editorial piece in The Lancet

Postby xrn » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:52 am

The URL takes you to the registration page of The Lancet (registration is free) and permits access to quite a lot of full text articles. Clearly, there are observers within the medical profession who can see what is happening. I had submitted a response to the editorial (not published) and I had adhered to the precise correspondence submission guidelines.

[http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673607600397/fulltext]

I believe that it is essential to raise awareness among those who prescribe and publications in the most highly regarded medical journals is one way to assist. The Lancet is always under pressure of space because many authors desire to be published, however, that should not stop us writing to them in the hope that our materials will get wider publicity. Any campaign should, in my view, initially confine itself to asking the questions and pointed to accepted evidence.

For the people who will take the step of registering with The Lancet and reading the article (about the political changes in the senate and how it will probably make it easier for Big Pharma) I have included my response to the article. The style reads as a little stilted but it complies with all of the conditions laid down by the editorial board of the Lancet. Here is my response to the editorial piece, 'Democrats on drugs'...

Kind regards,
xrn

The Politics of Drug Therapy.
xrn

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs