Vytorin - worse than LDL?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Vytorin - worse than LDL?

Postby Chucker » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:07 pm

I have (now had) been taking Vytorin for 5 or 6 months, and am wondering about some aches and pains that have "mysteriously" shown up in the last several weeks.
I am experiencing some aches - deep aches - on both arms - from about the elbow into the forearm - and also in the thighs and calves of both legs. I have not injured myself or pulled any muscles that may have caused this, but I am concerned that Vytorin is causing it. I had previously been prescribed Lipitor for high LDL, and it caused me a lot of pain and discomfort. Vytorin was supposed to be a better choice with less side effect. But I am beginning to doubt it. I consulted my doctor, and he agreed that maybe I didn't tolerate statins well, and have stopped taking it about two weeks ago. My total cholesterol is now 171, and the LDL is 96.

I should also add that I have had cerebral palsy since birth. I have had an awkward gait, but been fairly mobile, but the aches and pain I'm experiencing lately are making it very difficult to walk.
Chucker

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs