TGA while flying

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

TGA while flying

Postby ouraydog » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:01 pm

About five years ago, I was flying at night with an instructor and experienced a TGA. I flew a perfect instrument approach into a strange airport, and my instructor whom I had known for 30 years, didn't realize that anything was wrong with me until I didn't get out the airplane after we had parked. He called my wife to come take me to the ER, where everything checked out OK. The best my doctor could come up with was a TIA, even though the tests gave me a clean bill of health. I lost about two hours that never came back, and two more hours that slowly returned. The last thing I remember for sure was getting my instrument clearance before departure, the next thing was my wife arriving at the airport.

Last week I was racing radio controlled cars with a couple of friends and experienced another TGA. I managed to win a few more races before driving home. Later my wife arrived home and found me sitting in front of the computer, but doing nothing. I lost about two hours, except for a brief memory of taking a wrong turn on the way home. A friend that I was racing against, mentioned that he had asked me about a recent trip to Mexico and I didn't respond in the expected way. The other friend didn't notice that anything was wrong with me.

I am a 68 year old male that has been taking Zocor for the past six years. Tomorrow I will make an appointment with my doctor to discuss the link between Zocor and TGA.
ouraydog

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs