More info on Q10 and carnitine

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

More info on Q10 and carnitine

Postby Ray Holder » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:09 am

I have just been given a website address which has a lot of good info on the discovery and use of Coenzyme 10, also carnitine, it looks a bit suspect at first, the name is a bit unfortunate, but it shows what goes on in the background to hamper the development of non patentable substances, presumably by the drug companies.

There is a lot to read, I have only read a few pages so far, but I have learned a lot in a short while from the various articles. Dr Passwater worked for a while with Linus Pauling, but I won't hold that against him!! The interviews with the man at the discovery of Q10, and Dr Sinatra who uses Q10 all the time as a cardiologist are very interesting.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Darrell » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Any plans to share a link with us, Ray?
Darrell

Q10 link

Postby Ray Holder » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm

Sorry all, put it down to my extreme youth (second time around)

The link is <www.drpasswater.com> , and go to articles.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Darrell » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:41 pm

Passwater's website says he "received his B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Delaware in 1959, and his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Bernadean University of Nevada in 1975".

Bernadean is a diploma mill.
[http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/Nonrecorg/bernadean.html]
Darrell

passwater.com

Postby Ray Holder » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:54 am

Another bubble burst!! I would like to believe the people he interviews, how about Dr Sinatra and the man at the discovery of Q10, any lead on them??

I am beginning to despair over the way medicine is stitched up, the two pillars of regulation and "best practice" advice in Uk seem to be puppets of Big Pharma. I am contemplating complaining to the National Audit Office, but I don't know how far that will get me.

Thanks

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Darrell » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:03 pm

ust because Passwater used a diploma mill to get his "Dr." in 1975 doesn't mean that the other things he says are wrong, it just means that he's been willing to mislead people -- for 31 years.

Dr. Stephen Sinatra seems to have valid medical credentials. Albany Medical College is a valid medical teaching institution (amc.edu) and I checked with ABIM (abim.org) to verify that he is Board certified as stated in both internal medicine and cardiology. He seems to be the real deal.
Darrell

Postby Darrell » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:11 pm

For what it's worth, it does appear that "Fred L. Crane" was indeed the person to first isolate coenzyme Q10 in pure form (University of Wisconsin in 1957).
Darrell

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs