Statin muscle tissue breakdown

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statin muscle tissue breakdown

Postby anvilhead » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 pm

Anyone know if dark tea colored urine which smells to high heaven (an ammonia like smell) is indicitative of muscle tissue breakdown? CRESTOR!!!!!
anvilhead

Reply for AnvilHead

Postby sos_group_owner » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:08 am

Hi AnvilHead,

Re: dark tea colored urine and Creator
DEFINITELY!
See this warning issued by the FDA:
[url]http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/advisory/crestor.htm[/url]

Excerpt: Healthcare professionals prescribing Crestor are reminded of the following key safety messages from the Crestor label: start doses and maintenance doses of drug should be based on individual cholesterol goals and apparent risks for side-effects; all patients should be informed that statins can cause muscle injury, which in rare, severe cases, can cause kidney damage and other organ failure that are potentially life-threatening; and patients should be told to promptly report to their physician signs or symptoms of muscle pain and weakness, malaise, fever, dark urine, nausea, or vomiting.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby SomewhereNTexas » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 pm

arggg this makes me so angry --

i learned today that doctors in California are required to discuss these things with you before they subscribe a new drug -- i wonder how many actually do that???

it makes me so angry that we dont hear more about the bad things until they happen to us!

*HUGS* anvilhead -- i hope you can undo what has been done!
SomewhereNTexas

Postby shawk » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:30 am

anvil,

Disclaimer: I am not a DR nor work in the medical community, but the symptom you state you have (dark colored urine) is alarming to say the least.....That is the primary symptom of a condition called Rhabdomyolysis

More on Rhabdomyolysis Below:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000473.htm
shawk

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs