Banned from Healthboards.com for mentioning your site.

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby tomt43402 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:07 pm

I am surprised at how many people there are who won't take the time to benefit their own health, they listen to their doctor only, when he says "jump", they "JUMP"! With out ever looking in any other direction...I learned in Kindergarten to look both ways before crossing any street...I do the same things with doctor's...we do need them, but we should NOT be like sheep led to slaughter! I'm glad I looked both ways with this Statin Drug Issue, it saved my life (though I'm not over some of the side effect yet).
We (ex-statin users) are dealing with a "meme" of gigantic purportions! Treated like lepers, thrown out of society...but the insanity will only end when there is too little money for them to make any more....Thanks, people, for the chance to vent and exercise my "free speech".

Tom T.
tomt43402

Reply for Tom T

Postby sos_group_owner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Tom,

Re: they listen to their doctor only, when he says "jump", they "JUMP"

We've all been trained to JUMP (very effectively by big pharma and their drug pushers, aka Dr's), but when (true) common sense sets in and we realize the ruse, that's US. For most (patients) they fear their Dr will refuse to treat them for other conditions (such as elevated BP), so they cave into the 'demand' to take statins 'or else'!

Just about everyone I've corresponded with not only takes a statin (which can raise BP & cause depression), so they also take anti-depressants and BP meds (which have undesirable side effects for men - ED)... alas! The blue pill and others (which can cause blindness).

How we have all fallen for this for so long without question, defies logic.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Re: Reply for Tom T

Postby Brian C. » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:18 am

Fran: "How we have all fallen for this for so long without question, defies logic."

It's called "conditioning" Fran.

Brian.
Brian C.

Hi Brian

Postby sos_group_owner » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Brian,

Yes, Big Pharma has been very effective in conditioning everyone, except US... :wink:
sos_group_owner

Postby Brian C. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 am

And it goes beyond, way beyond, just Big Pharma of course. We have insight into one dark corner, that's all.
It's a beginning.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby the hittman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 am

Fran--SOS owner..
I appealed my suspension on healthboards, and they asked me to pick a new name, and re-instated me (for now)--it's more of a chit-chat site anyway---you can't mention helpful websites that would create more educated people, and may solve many issues for people---I have to say that your site STOPPED OUR STATINS is EXCELLENT !! you should be very proud of it--- Spacedoc, and SOS are very helpful, and extremely informative---keep up the GREAT WORK !!!
DOUG
the hittman

Thank You Doug

Postby sos_group_owner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Thank you for the compliment Doug. SOS is a labor of love... love for my husband of 40 years that is still experiencing cognitive difficulties from 8 years of statins even though he stopped statins over 3 years ago.

I was actually suspended 3 times from healthboards and then totally axed. I really miss posting there but the constraints were just too limiting. I mean you should be able to mention a book and it's author as a recommendation. I prefer to spend my energy here (when time permits), my support group (which is nearing 500 members) and my website.

We are all so fortunate to have Dr Graveline providing us with the truth about statin drugs. I can't imagine how more severely impaired my husband would be without linking Lipitor to his cognitive decline.

Fran
sos_group_owner

I was also banned from healthboards.. for using my initials

Postby jwren » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:59 pm

:? I was also banned from healthboards.. for using my initials in my username, for telling the asthma patients about the new petition trying to save the old albuteral inhaler, (didn't know that was against the rules) they emailed me after I appealed the suspension and said I could go back if I used a new username and agreed to the terms and conditions, so I gave them three choices for my user id as they asked... one was asthmamommy and they changed it to asth_mom, I told them I didn't think I could remember that username and why could I not use asthmamommy, I was banned again, this time here is my message :roll: :

All I can say is whatever happened to free speech? Did I really say anything wrong??? I am very angry now, as I still can't get help with my asthma and was really hoping that forum could help me... :roll: :cry:
jwren

Reply for 'jwren'

Postby sos_group_owner » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello 'jwren',

The answer is really simple. I think all the moderators/admins on Healthboards are taking one of the statin drugs, making them unreasonable, angry, illogical, etc.

I gave up trying to comply with all their rules. It was just too frustrating. I'd rather contribute my efforts to a forum that supports the truth. Healthboards is a Big Pharma forum. Don't know why they waste their time.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Re: Reply for 'jwren'

Postby jwren » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Well I would have to agree with you except that I never posted about statins, my posts were about asthma, which I have.. I was looking for help due to the new changes in my two asthma meds, another drug company thing.. they stopped making the two drugs that help me breathe.. the replacements don't work and there may be another reason for a class action lawsuit as this effects many including children with asthma...I was trying to post the petition for other asmatics learn about it and what they can do to help, when I was shutdown..That board obviously doesn't care about life or anything related to being human, I have to wonder if there are aliens running that forum, or maybe the devil...lol... :twisted: :evil: :shock: :)
jwren

Re: Reply for 'jwren'

Postby jwren » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 am

I also wanted to say strangly enough this whole experience brought me right back here and my husband is having this issue with muscle pain, weakness and loss and he took lovastatin and prior to that lipitor.. so we needed to find this site and now we did, thanks to you all.. :) [quote="sos_group_owner"]Hello 'jwren',

The answer is really simple. I think all the moderators/admins on Healthboards are taking one of the statin drugs, making them unreasonable, angry, illogical, etc.

I gave up trying to comply with all their rules. It was just too frustrating. I'd rather contribute my efforts to a forum that supports the truth. Healthboards is a Big Pharma forum. Don't know why they waste their time.

Fran[/quote]
jwren

Re: Reply for 'jwren' (OT)

Postby sos_group_owner » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 am

Hello 'jwren',

Asthma is 'off topic' but our oldest son has had asthma since he was young, so I know how devastating this condition can be... He still struggles today to stay healthy. I'll ask him which meds he finds most effective. Click on the 'email' button at the bottom of this post if you wish to communicate about asthma.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs