Statin induced ALS

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statin induced ALS

Postby thx » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:14 pm

My father passed away earlier this week from the statin-induced ALS started two years ago. He was 66 years old. Before taking Zocor, he was a healthy man with slightly high cholesterol level. He lost 10 lbs after taking Zocor for merely two weeks, and was diagnosed with ALS soon after that.

According to my research online, my father's case was definitely not the only one.
thx

Reply for "thx"

Postby sos_group_owner » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 pm

Hi "thx",

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Both my husband and I have lost
our fathers due to natural causes, but when a loved one is taken through
the negligence of a drug company... well that is totally unacceptable.
Have you contacted the company that manufactured his statin?
These companies need to hear from the families that have lost their loved ones.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby carbuffmom » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:06 am

Dear thx:

I am so sorry about your Dad. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. My dad passed away 9 years ago waiting for a heart transplant--I think of him every day. The hurt will ease slowly and you will start remembering the good times. My sympthies to you and your family. DEB
carbuffmom

Thank you

Postby thx » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Dear Fran and carbuffmom,

I apologize for my long-overdued reply. For some reason I didn't get notified of your replies so didn't come back to this post. Thanks you both for your warm-hearted replies. I really appreciate it.

A friend of mine was taking statin drugs, whom I have successfully convinced of to stay away from it. He is practicing TaiChi Quan daily. Maintaining a healthy life-style, right diet and excertises is a much better alternative compared to taking varies "modern" drugs, many of which are not well tested and are likely induce more harms than good.

Wish you and your familes long and healthy lives ahead.
thx

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs