Zetia/colitis connection?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Zetia/colitis connection?

Postby dogteacher » Sun May 14, 2006 6:13 pm

Last Nov. I posted my recent experience with Lipitor & Zetia. I had been on Lipitor for 7 yrs, my numbers didn't satisfy my cardiologist so he added Zetia. Viola! Last Sept. my numbers fell into place (189) and I started having muscle pain & weakness. I have been on every statin known, and have had the same result. I will not put another statin in my mouth. My current cholesterol is 425 (I am a 63 yr. old female). My cardiologist wants me to go back on Zetia. This past Christmas was spent in the hospital with 'ischemic colitis', diagnosed as being the result of a 'yeast overgrowth', for which I am finally being treated. Knowing that Zetia works in the intestines, I am concerned that it could set off another bout of colitis. Does anyone have any input on this? Thank you.
dogteacher

Postby catspajamas » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:39 pm

I experienced severe abdominal pain and diarrhea while on zetia...I only stayed on it 2 weeks...colitis symptoms?/......you bet...
catspajamas

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs