statin drug adverse reports

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

statin drug adverse reports

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:47 am

For those readers interested in where they can find information on research studies of statin drugs I will refer to Sharon Hope’s link. Sharon Hope is the wife of a CEO recently devastated by the effect of Lipitor on his short-term memory? This link is to scientific and medical journal referenced articles only. The reader must be prepared for a substantial volume of information here. A printout can only be helpful for the primary care physician trying to keep abreast of the current flood of information concerning the side effects of their favorite drug.

Problems with statins

Postby JOANNE » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 pm

My doctor put me on Vytorin 40 mg. last week in addition to my usual
Tricor 145 mg. I questioned this decision due to my experience with Zocor as well as Prevacol prior to Tricor but he said many people who cannot tolerate Zocor can tolerate Vytorin.
After taking the combination of Tricor and Vytorin for 3 days I experienced numbness and pins and needles in my left foot upon rising in the morning as well as severe back pain by the kidneys, leg pain, neck pain, headache and cramps or spasms in my right side near my
overy or appendix numerous times during the day taking my breath away. I felt like I've been hit by a bus - sore all over. I called my doc today and told him I was discontinuing the Vytorin and he asked the side effects and said okay. He would call me later in the day to prescribe another additional pill to my Tricor. I will seek out other natural means of
controlling my cholesterol and triglycerides than this statin medicine
that I believe the drug companies are making a fortune on. My husbands Prevachol is $185 per month. I refuse to take a medication that is so debilitating that causes me to feel so very sick.
Thanks for hearing my experience.
JOANNE

Postby secapps51 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:57 am

Where is the Sharon Hopes link. I could not find the site. Please tell us how we can get to this site. Thanks.
secapps51

Postby ironic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:38 pm

The site is freewebs.com/stopped_our_statins
ironic

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs