Symptoms on Pravachol

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Symptoms on Pravachol

Postby Sherry » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 pm

I actually did not relate any of my problems to statin use until I visited this website. My doc has been trying to get my HDL up and LDL down. I have been on Pravochol for a couple of years but recently my doc sent me my lab reports, HDL 35, too low for female and included a RX for Naispan for me to start. So, long story short, I started researching and landed at this website. I have been having alot of itching and just thought it was dry skin but very bothersome. And some pain in my lower left calf along with some popping when I stretch or get up. Now, after reading several posts on this site I am concerned. I am NOT going to start the Niaspan, I already have flushing and itching! But I now believe I should stop the pravochol. I am 41 and have not had any health issues except for the cholesterol and some episodes of inappropriate tachycardia. I am not even going to bother with my cardiologist, everytime I question a drug he thinks I am paranoid. Please advise.
Sherry

stopping statins

Postby eml256 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:09 am

Please read the information about stopping statins from dr. Graveline's web site specifically addressing this:
http://www.spacedoc.net/stopping_statins.html

If you are female and young--what reason was there for placing you on a statin anyway? Please read the other sections on dr graveline's web site. best of luck to you. madelyn
eml256

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs