Dolichol Study

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Dolichol Study

Postby FranL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:44 pm

I've not been on the forum for quite awhile, Fran from Stopped Our Statins group owner. Dr Graveline has a page on Facebook and recently published a post re: a Dolichol (supplement) Study:<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spacedoc/373791966069660>. I'm not sure how active this forum is. Both SOS Yahoo and Facebook groups have been very active. I will post information here as we start to encourage those with statin damage to participate in the study.
FranL

Re: Dolichol Study

Postby FranL » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:56 am

This is the post I sent to all Stopped Our Statin groups... Fran

Hello Group Members,

The members of Stopped Our Statins on Yahoo, Google and Facebook, should be very familiar with the works of Dr. Duane Graveline. His books include, but are not limited to, "Lipitor - Thief of Memory", "Statin Drugs Side Effects" and "Statin Damage Crisis".

Dr. Graveline's focus in addition to sharing his research over the past decade has been to determine how statin damage occurs and how to reverse damage once it is triggered. His years of research are now culminating in this double blind Dolichol Study to help those damaged by statin drugs.

Dr Graveline recently posted information on his "Spacedoc" Facebook page about the upcoming Dolichol Study:
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spacedoc/373791966069660>

Statin drugs were designed to block the mevalonate pathway along which cholesterol is synthesized. Unfortunately CoQ10 and dolichols are also synthesized by this pathway and their reduction is responsible for most of our many adverse reactions to statins.

CoQ10 supplements have been available for many years, but dolichols have just recently been discovered. Indications are that dolichols are even more important than CoQ10 when statin damage occurs. This study is to determine just how important dolichols are.

Anyone in any of the Stopped Our Statins groups that's been diagnosed with myopathy, neuropathy or neuromuscular degeneration with pain, weakness, loss of balance and numbness, is encouraged to participate in this Dolichol Study. Anyone with one or more of these conditions can participate. We need to enlist at least 200 participants.

If you wish to be considered for participation in Dr Graveline's Dolichol Study, please send the following information to both of these email addresses:
sos.owner@gmail.com
nls@mac.com

Study Information

1) Name
2) Address
3) Telephone #
4) Email Address
5) Brief description of your adverse reaction(s) to statin (cholesterol lowering) drug(s).
6) Drugs taken and currently take
7) Supplements taken and currently take

More information about the study will be forthcoming.

Fran & Nate
SOS Group Owners
FranL

Re: Dolichol Study

Postby David Staup » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:19 pm

The Australian pharmaceutical company Solagran has been investigating the medical significance of polyprenols and their substitution with dolichols when ingested where there is a deficiency. Trials of Ropren (already pharmaceutically registered as a hepatoprotector) in relation to neurodegenerative diseases (including Alzheimer's disease) in both Russia [2] and Australia [3] indicate considerable potential as a safe and effective treatment

There are many polyprenol suppliments....

I played around with this for a bit but saw no improvement.
David Staup

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs