Statins One Year Later Follow Up

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statins One Year Later Follow Up

Postby Pdougan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:17 am

As I pointed out in my article, there appeared to be an improvement in my osteoporosis; however this couldn't be confirmed until they did another body scan to confirm my T-levels.

The results are finally in. My T-level in April 2012 at L1-L4 was 1.7

My T-level in June 2014 was 1.0 !!! A 60% improvement. :-) :-) :-)

Two other areas were also scored showing 10% or more improvement in each.

Again, was the improvement because my physician prescribed testosterone and I started exercising again as I had all my life prior to statins? Or, was the fact that I got off of statins which effects testosterone production via the adrenal glands, in turn, improving my health and emotional wellbeing causing me to want to exercise again the reason for my improvement?

For sure, nothing good was happening until I quit taking statins and got my cholesterol levels back to "unaccepable" readings. :-)

With the exception of the 1.25 mg of statins daily (not enough to effect the liver) for the anti-inflammatory properties (heart attack in 2005 while on statins) ... ya, I am still off of 'em! :-)

BTW, I've been trouncing a bunch of 40 and 50 year old butts on the racquetball courts who still can't figure out how that old crippled up helicopter pilot is is getting around the courts like that. :-) :-) :-)
Pdougan

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs