zocor and severe diarrhea.

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

zocor and severe diarrhea.

Postby catspajamas » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

In the last spacedoc newsletter there was a article about coQ10 depletion , severe diarrhea, ulceration of the colon from statin use. 13 years since that nightmare and I finally get a answer from this site as to what happened to me. The first sign something was wrong was the diarrhea. Can you imagine having it for 1/1/2 years? I did. My colon ulcerated and I bled twice. 4 colonoscopies and G I xrays during that time showed nothing...of course nothing would show up, it was the zocor that was doing this. No Dr.believed me when I questioned the side effects from zocor..their answer was keep taking the zocor. 2 trips to Mayos, a bout with vasculitis, immune disease systems and getting shingles on top of everything else. Getting shingles was a godsend. The dermatologist suspected the zocor but he told me to go off all the medication junk I had been given to combat the symtoms I had.Eliminating most of them and adding them back one by one was the way it was confirmed it was the Zocor. The Drs. tried me on other statins and all ended up with the same diarrhea/muscle weakness and pain. I have permanently damaged nerves in my feet also that are very painful ..thanks to zocor. But my reason for rehashing this is I was so happy to read that newsletter about the ulcerated colon. It confirmed what I thought happened. If Doc spacedoc was around I'd give him a big hug...so one through cyberspace will have to do.
catspajamas

Re: zocor and severe diarrhea.

Postby MichV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:36 am

Is this a common side effect of statins? If your organs are not working right, then they can't digest properly, right? I think that this is what's happening to my family, since the problem wasn't nearly as bad before.
MichV

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs