In Defense of Doctors

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

In Defense of Doctors

Postby pops » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 pm

In my doctor's defense

When my doctor prescribed a statin for me, I'm positive he believed he was taking the best possible action for me. I'm sure he has seen people suffering from heart attacks. I'm sure he has seen grieving widows or widowers as a result of those heart attacks. I'm sure he has seen people with heart disease trying to suck oxygen through tubes on their noses. I'm sure he has seen people with excruciating chest pain, and I'm sure he has seen patients constantly suffering from angina pectoris.

And just as I'm sure he prescribed a statin for my benefit, I'm sure I've hurt his feelings tremendously because of all the things I've said here and to his face regarding studies I've read stating that statins are nowhere near as beneficial as the medical community would like to believe. In fact, I might be his most hated patient ever.

But I don't hate him back.

He has done great things for my family and myself in the past. He should not feel bad because a line was drawn by the medical community where I believe it should not have been drawn. And there was no way he could have predicted that I would be a patient who would have an extreme reaction to this drug.

This is my final post in spacedoc.net. I feel I've said quite enough.

I hope you all fare well. And I hope that doctors reading all these posts from real people who have suffered real adverse events, take that on advisement, and think long and hard before prescribing this class of drugs for patients who are in good health.

Again, I don't blame my doctor. He was doing what he was told was best for patients such as myself. God bless every one of you, and in spite of all my angry rhetoric, God bless my former doctor as well.

pOps
pops

Postby David Staup » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm

"This is my final post in spacedoc.net. I feel I've said quite enough"

Thank you for that!
David Staup

Postby lars999 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi pops!

I gave doctor that prescribed Lipitor to me a chance to redeem himself -- but, alas, he failed badly, defending the cholesterol scam and use of statins. He was not even sympathetic in the least. Worse, he did not want to hear what I had to report about my very bad experience with Lipitor. He no longer has any respect from me.

A curse on all like him and any other well meaning doctor that prescribes highly invasive medicines with little effort to understand their proper use and potential adverse effect to some patients. And, there are lots of them to be avoided!!

Statins have just been the latest of some very bad experiences I and friends have had, some dead because of doctors who were practicing the latest "gee whiz" procedure/prescription regime touted by the drug companies. Some of us died, others had years of their lives trashed. Result: I no longer trust doctors and feel no reservations about questioning them, doing my own due diligence analysis before following their recommendations.

SO, pops, NO, I cannot agree with you. Doctors took an oath to heal us, not kill or damage us.

Regards,
Lars
lars999

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs