Statin Risks and Insurance

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statin Risks and Insurance

Postby derriaghy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:31 am

Hi there, I wrote an article about the difficulties we have encountered in New Zealand since my husband was prescribed a statin in 2002. You might want to read it or pass it along to others.

Heres the link:
http://wp.rxisk.org/the-legacy-effects-of-statins-a-role-for-rxisk/

Keep well and safe

Derriaghy
derriaghy

Long Term Statin Risks After Discontinuation

Postby derriaghy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm

It is now 11 years since Brian stopped the simvastatin and yet he continues to have widespread pain. How is this possible? As he was only taking a low dose for the seven weeks prior to the near fatal rhabdomyolysis and renal failure. Yet all these years later the pain and neurological damage continue. He has kept up a regime of CoQ10, Omega 3, Magnesium and Vitamin C plus our diet is now much lower in carbohydrates and excludes most processed foods - although even in New Zealand it is getting harder to buy foods which have not been contaminated with chemicals or hydrogenated substances. We continue our struggle with the ACC insurance company who have decided statins couldn't have caused such devastating long term consequences. I have of course told them about research done by Dr Graveline, Dr Golomb and others but to no avail.

http://www.naturalmedicine.net.nz/reade ... edication/

The recent article I wrote did get published in a NZ Natural Medicine magazine, however it is difficult to have a conversation with any medical person who doesn't already 'know' how important it is to have very low cholesterol. It sometimes seems like a losing battle, yet what else can be done? I advocated taking personal responsibility and seek to spread the word.
All the best of health to you all.
derriaghy

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs