Uffe Ravnskov on Cholesterol

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Uffe Ravnskov on Cholesterol

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 am

Another "proof" to take on your next Dr's visit.

**http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth9.htm

It has been some time since I visited the site; I apologize if this was previously posted.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Nice post Brooks :)

Today in the UK we got even more stupidity about Statins :-

**http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/may/17/statins-benefit-millions-heart-health

How these idiots are not hung drawn and quartered for their disregard for the true facts about statins is way beyond my understanding :shock:

You have to worry when stuff like this is still being preached especially when we all know that Statins have been truly harmful to so many of us and people that we know.
Allen1

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri May 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I am convinced Big Pharma monitors and counteracts any bad press with positive-sounding misinformation of their own. As an example, Google has an ALERT feature I use which identifies posted topics that contain user-selected words of phrases ("Statins" for example), and if the posted news about STATINS is bad for any reason (memory, Diabetes, myopathy), you can count on a flurry of "beneficial" findings posted to counterbalance the negative finding(s). I have not yet seen a claim that STATINS can guarantee a first-born male child, but I'm sure it is in the works. The latest claim in the LANCET: that the drugs should be given to healthy people, is ludicrous. I still feel certain cold-blooded crimes should have special punishment attached: stocks & pillories, public whipping, tar and feathering, and the loss of a limb, eye, or tongue. This situation is pushing me even father to the right, and I was ALREADY just to the left of Henry the VIII.

BTW: my spell checker is not working, sorry for any missed errata.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs