WHY STATINS DON'T WORK - STEPHANIE SENET

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

WHY STATINS DON'T WORK - STEPHANIE SENET

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 pm

An easy read by Stephanie Senet. M.I.T.*, on the problem we all have in common; the mechanisms and debilitating results:

**http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/why_statins_dont_really_work.html

Following is the paper's concluding Para:

11. Concluding Remarks
Every individual gets at most only one chance to grow old. When you experience your body falling apart, it is easy to imagine that this is just due to the fact that you are advancing in age. I think the best way to characterize statin therapy is that it makes you grow older faster. Mobility is a great miracle that cholesterol has enabled in all animals. By suppressing cholesterol synthesis, statin drugs can destroy that mobility. No study has shown that statins improve all-cause mortality statistics. But there can be no doubt that statins will make your remaining days on earth a lot less pleasant than they would otherwise be.
To optimize the quality of your life, increase your life expectancy, and avoid heart disease, my advice is simple: spend significant time outdoors; eat healthy, cholesterol-enriched, animal-based foods like eggs, liver, and oysters; eat fermented foods like yogurt and sour cream; eat foods rich in sulfur like onions and garlic. And finally, say "no, thank-you" to your doctor when he recommends statin therapy.

*Stephanie Seneff is a Senior Research Scientist in the Computer Science and Artficial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT. She received the B.S. degree in Biophysics from MIT in 1968, the M.S. and E.E. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1980, and the PhD degree in Electrical Engineering in 1985, also from MIT.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby lars999 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Stephanie is a wonderful lady that has direct experience with what degradations statins can and do inflict on anyone unfortunate to take them for very long. I highly recommend her articles about statin adverse effects.

Lars
lars999

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs