statin legal action

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

statin legal action

Postby amyrohde » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there are any class actions in the uk against statin companies, I have seen a few in the united states but not here, I cannot get a small firm to help me get justice, can anyone help :?
amyrohde

Postby Allen1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 am

Hi there amyrohde,

I don't think that there is anyone here in the UK who has been harmed by statins that could come up with enough money to take on the pharmaceuticals over the damage they have caused. I am not even sure that a class action is valid here in the UK, If not then it should be in cases like this. I also wonder what the outcome of the American class actions against them were (or if they have been seen to yet).

type "class action" in the 'Search the spacedoc.com site:' box above this thread to find more posts on this matter from this site, there are a few and maybe worth a read.

I know that I am personally incapable of doing anything that requires attention or physical strength, even trying to take to take a puppy for a short walk has me gasping for breath and using my Glyceryl Trinitrate spray all the time. The problems that statins have created is something that no one should have to endure, we are alive but its not really living is it when you can't even do the simple things like take a dog for a short walk.

I hope you are OK, some people do recover from statin induced problems and I hope you are one of them.

All the best,

Allen.
Allen1

statin legal action

Postby amyrohde » Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Allen, please get yourself Bio Active Q10 Ubiquinol and start off by taking three a day and your joint pains at least will improve, you can buy this on line or your health food shop, it cost where i live about £20 but it saved me a lot of pain and within a few days i felt so much better, Statins block the Q10 your own body produces and we need Q10, I still have a lot of other problems but at least I can move easier and my strenght is slowly comming back, I also think you should speak to your GP and tell them about the pains and get checked out for other things connected to statins, I have been told some doctors prescribe Q10 but not where I live, so now I have had to reduce to 1 a day because of the cost, I would also look into other natural remidies that will help your heart liver and Kidneys, I have looked into this because of what I suffered and although I still get the fluttering round my heart and there are things that will never go I can cope now, I don't know if other things will happen as a result of over 10 years on statins but at least I am trying to manage it and Q10 was the thing that gave me hope, please think about it and speak to your doctor about comming off the things.
Let me know how you get on. take care hope you feel better soon
amyrohde

Postby Allen1 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:09 am

Hi there amyrohde,

I just read your post and it is good advice. Like you I did take Co-Enzyme Q10 when I learned about it which was after stopping Statins, that and "Acetyl L Carnitine" made a huge difference to my health but the financial costs were something I also couldn't afford in reality and had to eventually give up.

The good news is that the reason for my breathlessness was due to fluid retention and I am now on Furosemide (water tablets) and what a difference it has made to my physical appearance ie weight and leg swelling and my breathing problems, I can even lay on my back in bed and sleep that way, before the tablets I had to sleep sitting propped up with pillows. Gone are the wheezing noises and my sleep apnoea doesn't seem a problem at the moment (touch wood) :)

The bad news is that my heart isn't functioning quite the way it should hence the fluid retention but I am now able to walk the puppy with relative ease since taking the water tablets, although some days are harder than others.

Its hard to say what the cause of many of my personal problems are, I would however say that if Statins had not made me so weak and ill along with exercise intolerant etc, that many of those problems would never have appeared in the first place.

Take care and all the best,

Allen :)
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs