Shingles vaccine & Reclast--effects on a statin sufferer

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Shingles vaccine & Reclast--effects on a statin sufferer

Postby valgators » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Hello all,

I haven't posted in quite awhile but keep up with the postings. Very helpful still. If my questions have been discussed before....sorry I missed them.

As a victim of statin damage (15 + years of medication), I feel my muscle/ligament/tendon problems are statin-related. Last year I took the shingles vaccine and within two months suffered a horrific case of shingles in the spine. Excruciating pain! I'm wondering if I was more susceptible to complications because of the statin issues? Has anyone else had this experience?

Which brings me to this question.....my rheumatologist has encouraged me to take the osteoporosis injection, Reclast. Known side effects list all the muscle problems already discussed. I can't take the oral meds and he feels I need treatment. Has anyone taken Reclast and what side effects were noted, if any? I will add that he is one of the few doctors who has never doubted that statins could cause muscle problems. I appreciate that support but am really afraid to take an injection that stays in the body.......just look what the shingles vaccine did!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Valgators
valgators

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs