Leeno thanks you for your feedback

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Leeno thanks you for your feedback

Postby leeno » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

cjbrooksjc, lars999, David, and Allen. thank you very much for posting replies. They are in fact the very first time I've communicated directly with another statin sufferer. (I'm such an introvert.)
Yes, I'll get around to posting my supplements, but be advised that I changed the regimen almost daily, depending on how I felt and what I was reading. Mostly, I think it is all the antiinflammatories, antioxidants, and pro-mitochondrial supplements you want to take. Nothing new from me, no magic bullet. I got my info from this site, Dr. Graveline's book, and my own rather superficial research into these three good things. Mostly, I think you also need to take a daily dose of luck to avoid permanent damage.

I learned to question conventional medicine when I had a severe autoimmune response to the flu vaccine. No doctor would even posit a cause for my problem, but with a little research I had found that innoculations could cause my problem. The best I got was, when seen by a doctor who is the Chief of Neurology at both the Lahey Clinic and Harvard Med, that when I asked him:
"I think this is related to the flu vaccine I had just before the illness. Do you think it could be related? He said, "No, probably not."
I said, "If you were me, would you ever have another flu shot?" He said, "No, probably not."

Not trusting my own lonely intuition, I had another flu shot about 10 years later, with the same resulting neurological devastation. Case closed.

Even though I've seen a lot of improvements, I am still finding it surprisingly comforting to hear from you and post to you. I think that perhaps processing the slow-motion trauma of statin damage is a bit like dealing with PTSD: Something really bad happened to you. but you don't know you're carrying around a bag of crapola until someone touches it.

So, thanks again, it's really felt like healing to talk with you.
leeno

Postby lars999 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 am

leeno,

It is always nice to hear that collectively we provide valued emotional support in addition to lots of information and personal experiences about the bad side of statins!!

This and Dr. Beatrice Golumb's data rich websites were invaluable to me when I started searching for reasons why I had been turned into a wimpy old man. Dr. Duane Graveline's clear description of how statins do their nasty things was the clear guiding light that lead the next day to me stopping Lipitor immediately. It was SO easy for me to verify his description!!

I too once had a flu shot and subsequently had the only really bad case of "flu" in my life. NO MORE flu shots for me!!

I like your description of your doctor's double-talk about flu shots. I have encountered much the same, most recently with regard to statins. I am now starting to understand that doctors working in clinics, medical centers and hospitals are expected to adhere to certain positions and "best practices", subject to various levels of penalties if they do not. Double-speak can be so informative!! Listen carefully to your doctor!!

Best wishes,
Lars
lars999

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Leeno:

If you would use the site's "Search" function (see the menu above) and then, on the following screen, the "Search by Author" and enter ADEC in the author field and check the All Posts box, you will get a selection of some of the most useful data on the site (my opinion).

Best of luck in your journey to recovery.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs