Ubiquinol vs regular CoQ10

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Ubiquinol vs regular CoQ10

Postby BDavis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 pm

My New Years resolution was to review and improve my supplements for a better results. Unfortunately, I found my first changed failed. I gave up my regular (Sams brand 400mg 2xday & 200 1xday=1000mg) CoQ10 for what I understood to be a better choice (Jarrow Ubiquinol QH- 200mg). I thought with the improved absorption of the Ubiquinol that I'd need less and hoped that was so, since the new CoQ10 cost so much more. I started at 200mg 3xday, then 4xday but I've been getting steadily worse day by day. My hand tremors are worse. My vision is blurry. My mind is really foggy and I can't stay focused. My arms and legs feel like limp noddles with the shakes.

I'm going to finish out the bottle but I'm going to go back to my cheap stuff.

Am I just weird or have others found this to be so?
BeLinda
BDavis

Different strokes for different folks

Postby Nancy W » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Or as the French say, "a chaque un, son gout," to each his own.

I guess there are no hard and fast recommendations by Dr. Graveline, or anyone here says it all. We are each different.

Thanks for reporting your experience, it confirms that there is probably no one way, since each person's adverse effects, at some cellular or sub-cellular level are probably different to one degree or another.

I forgot my supplements when I went on a ten day trip. I went to Whole Foods and purchased what I thought would be similiar in content. They helped, but did not provide the relief I get with the specific supplements I have found through trial and error with my naturopath.

Good luck! Nancy
Nancy W

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs