How Carbs raise cholesterol

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

How Carbs raise cholesterol

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:59 pm

We all know this to be true, but this is a fairly complete explanation of the process.

**http://acam.typepad.com/blog/2010/12/how-carbohydrates-elevate-cholesterol.html

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 am

Hi there Brooks,

this is the third example of easy to follow links I have read today, it would appear that a lot of doctors and/or authors of these articles have observed what is going on and have decided to do something about it, all good news even if it is a bit late for the majority of us though.

I must admit that I am starting to think that something is going on in the background but that's maybe me just being suspicious, even the Mayo Clinic is acknowledging things as in p0ps post.
Allen1

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:58 am

Allen: The simple rise in the number of "formulated" supplements now being made available that are obviously designed to address the statin myopathy problem tells me the condition is well known at least as it provides a revenue stream for opportunistic suppliers. What seems to be lacking is the "straw" to break the camel's back.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs