trashing doctors

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby lars999 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I need to make a correction to post I made on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 pm. In that post I stated that my total cholesterol is now 200, which I was given by Dr's assistant over phone and which I now know to be wrong. When I got copy of actual report today, the number is really 278, essentially my standard value for past 10+ years. Lipitor dragged that number down to low 150s and trashed my health.

Taken in light of results of various other recent and positive measures of my cardiovascular health, in addition to family history showing no deaths from cardiovascular disease or heart attacks, I can only consider this value to be one of my natural biochemical features.

Given the clinical evidence that us old folks live longer if we have higher total cholesterol, I take this value of 278 as still another indication that I have a decent change at another 10-20 or more years of decent health -- for whatever that or any other simple index is really worth.

My biochemical and medical sleuthing into parameters insightful about my health is still far from finished. More informations and their apparent meanings to come.
Lars
lars999

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs