questions regarding cholestyramine

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

questions regarding cholestyramine

Postby gardenmaniac » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 pm

So, haven't posted here in awhile.. decided to go to a different doctor after mine said "why bother to check your levels if you aren't going bother to treat them".. Took Zocor for 5 months in 2005, terrible back pain that went away as soon as I stopped the meds

new doc, same office, wanted levels checked... waited 2 months from exam as i have really increased fresh fruits and veggies (spinach smoothies, spinach salads, hardly any animal products, bread, dairy, sugar) anyway.. got my test results back and sigh.. numbers went up again.. (since last blood work 2 years ago).. total is now 275 up from 258.. LDL 198 (up from 180 something) HDL remained the same 68, triglycerides around the same 44. Now this new doc wants me to take Cholestyramine.

I am female, 53 years old, 5'2" tall, 135 lbs, non-smoker, BP around 125/75 as long as I'm not at the Dr's office.. then it's higher!

i tried taking the food products with the plant sterols 2 years ago.. have had gym memberships, etc.. LDL just keeps going up.

So.. I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with taking Cholestyramine..
gardenmaniac

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs