The Dark Side of Statins

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

The Dark Side of Statins

Postby Nancy W » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 am

Good Monday morning to you all!

Last night I downloaded Dr. Graveline's newest book (available as an e-book only at this point), The Dark Side of Statins. Wow! Bravo Dr. Graveline! I am consuming it as fast as I can, and it is very informative!

Will write more when I finish it, but wanted to get on here and let you all know that this book is going to be so helpful. If and when it gets published as a paper book, I am buying copies for my family, friends on statins, and, most of all, for my doubting docs!

This is an excellent book which draws together the many threads that lead to the many different adverse effects of these nasty statins. Read it and you will have new ammo for your next, often discouraging, visit to your doctor.

Okay, I will climb down off my soapbox for now and keep reading...more soon.

Nancy
Nancy W

I finished The Dark Side of Statins

Postby Nancy W » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Just finished reading The Dark Side of Statins. More thanks, Dr. Graveline!

This book is available as an e-book. I read it on Kindle on my iPad and iPhone. You can get Kindle on more formats than just the Kindle (amazon.com).

The book is short. He succinctly goes into the various biochemical processes that can be affected by statins. Yes, this small book is big on biochemistry. But, reading slowly, carefully, I am awed by the coming together of all these ideas in one place. The information is critical to understanding why we have been affected in the ways we have.

And yes, he does offer his insight on the possible supplement and dietary factors that may be helpful to us.

For those of you who are bent on understanding what has happened to you, I think you will appreciate this book as much as I am appreciating it!

Nancy
Nancy W

Postby lars999 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks Nancy!!

I am greatly looking forward to reading it. Hope to wait till paperback comes out -- reading books on computers has never been my favorite.

For all I have read, but hardly digested, one really does not need a large volume of prose to describe the relavent biochemical mechanisms or how suppliments, etc. affect these mechanisms. That this book should/could greatly shorten my learning curve, that could be reason I download e-version.

Yes, finding one's way through all the biochemistry takes some care, however, what is daunting me presently is all the huge new vocalubary and zoo of concepts associated with genetic factors. It is a little like learning Chinese characters and sentence structure and grammer.

Thanks again,
Lars
lars999

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs