how they lie about rate of side effects of statins

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

how they lie about rate of side effects of statins

Postby pops » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I've read this in several places now, including a couple of medical journals.

The drug companies pre-tests subjects for statin studies. Everyone who has side effects is eliminated from the main study.

Then the main study "proves" that side effects are rare.
But side effects wouldn't be rare if the general population were included.

In clinical practice, more than a third quit statins because of serious side effects, mostly pain and weakness.

Doctors *should* know this *if* they do the research. Apparently they don't. Or they lie deliberately to get their "prescription fee" from the insurance companies as well as bonuses from the drug companies.

Don't take my word for this; do the research and find out for yourself.

I hope every one of you who is experiencing post-statin side effects is healed quickly and gets to live the rest of your life in excellent health.

And I seriously hope word gets out and doctors stop giving this dangerous medication out like it was a breath mint.

pops
pops

Postby David Staup » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm

pops it's worse than you think:

"http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jul/20-wonder-drugs-that-can-kill

excerpt:

Golomb says one reason many doctors overlook risks and believe statins to be safe is that most controlled studies of statins wind up excluding people who originally begin to participate in a study but stop taking the drug because they experience problems from it; these test participants are then dropped from the study as “noncompliant.â€Â
David Staup

reply to David

Postby pops » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Excellent link, David. I read it and suggest everyone read it.

Better to know in advance than to do what I foolishly did: follow my doctor's advice with no research on my part.

Thanks.
pops

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs