Statins: key point

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statins: key point

Postby pops » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 am

My key point is this:

Doctors are being lied to about the percentage of patients who are harmed by side effects from statins.

My doctor told me that muscle pain in men was rare.

After a lot of research, I've discovered that side effects in either gender is not rare.

In fact, I've talked to dozens of people who have taken statins, and almost half of them had side effects which made them quit taking statins.

That flies in the face of what Cleveland Institute says, which is that myalgia from statins is between 2% and 3% of patients taking these drugs.

And the really sad thing is that if someone tells their doctor that statins are causing side effects and their doctor tells them it's not the statin and just keep taking them, then the side effects can become permanent.

Someone has to do something about this. People are being injured over a lie.

While it's probably true that if the patient has exceptionally high cholesterol, like total cholesterol of 300 and LDL of 200, then statins might be called for. And in that case side effects might well be rare, because the statin will then bring the cholesterol into the normal range, which might not be dangerous.

But for people with near normal or normal cholesterol, in my opinion, statins are a dangerous drug and as CatMom2 said, should not be given out like candy.

Okay, I'm done proselytizing. I'm out of here to write my latest novel, which will include a character who was harmed by statins.

I wish you all well.

God bless you one and all.

pops
pops

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs