Ray Holder - Sad news

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Ray Holder - Sad news

Postby spaceadmin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Ray Holder was a long time contributor to this forum.
He also contributed an article to the main site:
http://www.spacedoc.net/r_holder.html
He has been missed around here these past few months but his caring and helpful posts will remain for future visitors to this site.
That would mean a lot to him.
Thanks, Ray, for your kindness and generosity of time.

This message came today from his daughter:
I am writing with the sad news that my father died on Monday. I know he was a regular contributor to your site.
Dad had been failing particularly badly since December when he was hospitalised with a bout of congestive heart failure. He was unable to return to his home and spent 8 weeks in a nearby nursing home where he died. Fortunately I was with him when he went. Dad would have been 89 next month.
spaceadmin
Site Admin

Postby Allen1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:06 am

That truly is sad news.

Although I never met him, I knew Ray as a generous and helpful man who offered me a lot more than just support when I found out about Statins and what was needed to get some sort of life back. This world could do with a lot more folk like Ray in it. I now know why he has been missing on the forum and I hope his Son and Daughter are coping well, its never easy to deal with the loss of a loved one, but in time things do get easier.

Rest in peace Ray, I think of you as a very good friend and you will be greatly missed.
Allen1

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 am

Ray, will be missed by all of us.

gotts1936
gotts1936

Postby David Staup » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 pm

:cry:

he will be missed
David Staup

Postby garystil » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:30 am

Always positive, approachable and helpful. I'll miss his spirit, his name, and his contributions.

My condolences to the family.

Gary
garystil

Postby Biologist » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 am

I will certainly miss Ray.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby adec » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:31 am

Oh my God. No. I am so upset beyond words. It literally broke my heart to read these words. Rest in peace Ray.
adec

Postby Brian C. » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 am

We must remember that Ray lived to a good age in spite of polio and statin damage by dint of applied intelligence. An example to us all.
However his loss is undeniably painful.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby ronni » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I am terribly saddened by this news. Ray has helped me so much, especially when I was first coming to the realization of what statins were doing to me. He could always be counted on for sound, sensible advice. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his children. May you find comfort in the knowledge that he has helped so many and will live on through the archive of his posts.
ronni

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs