CoQ10 with Zetia

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

CoQ10 with Zetia

Postby Wallymoe » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Is there any experience with Zetia which would point to muscle pain as a side effect? Maybe the proponents are correct, that there hasn't been much of a problem. The drug info still says that muscle pain is a possible side effect. Is it advisable to take CoQ10 with Zetia as well as with the statins? Fran, or Doc, I'm hoping you will answer this one.
Wallymoe

Reply for WallyMoe

Postby sos_group_owner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:41 am

Hi WallyMoe,

According to Dr Graveline's article on Zetia...
http://www.spacedoc.net/zetia.htm
"Cholesterol is one of the most important biochemicals in our bodies, especially for proper central nervous system functioning. Zetia by itself is relatively free of side effects but why bother?"

BUT, my Mother-in-Law experienced severe pain in her ankles and feet while taking Zetia. Her doctor denied that Zetia was the cause and wanted Mom to see an arthritis doctor. Mom stopped the Zetia and the pain went away.

The problem is not cholesterol, it's inflammation and I don't think Zetia addresses inflammation. Statins do reduce inflammation, but at a hefty price. The fact that statins also lower cholesterol is irrelevant.

Dr Graveline's statin alternatives OR anti-inflammatory supplements:
Statin alternative(s) to reduce/prevent inflammation:
(IE: anti-oxidant, reduce platelet stickiness, controls homocysteine)
1) buffered aspirin - 81 mg
2) CoQ10 - 100 to 150 mg
3) folic acid - 400-800 mcg
B6 - 80-100mg
B12 - 200-250mcg
4) Omega 3 (fish oil or cod liver oil) [ There is no upper limit.]

These four items/categories have the same anti-inflammatory affect as
20 mg's of Lipitor, without side effects.

For those suffering from TGA (transient global amnesia) and/or persistent memory loss, you may need to take much higher doses of CoQ10 - maybe as high as 1,200 to 1,500 mg. So far, there are over 500 documented TGA cases caused by statins.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs