The Other Side

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

The Other Side

Postby bradford » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:53 am

There are doctors and pharmacists who would ban websites which were critical of statins.

See *http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=671088

My post is the third one from the last one. Read the next following two.

Bradford
bradford

Postby Allen1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 am

Hi there Bradford,

what can you really say? The frightening thing is that these people who really should know what they are talking about are worse than Witch doctors and at best I would class some of them as complete Idiots, especially the 2 that commented after your post.

I think it is about time they took their heads out of there backsides and looked at the real world and what effects certain drugs really have on us mere mortals.

At least there were some realistic comments posted by "p-rog" and "spacecowgirl" for example, I just hope that the ignorant amongst those posters don't live or work in the UK as I certainly do not want to be one of their patients etc.

you know in this day and age I thought dinosaurs were extinct!

All the best,
Allen.
Allen1

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Bradford:
These seem to be kids, mostly; pharmacy students with absolutely NO life experience. One student's remark was particularly hostile towards internet enlightenment, but with the forum handle "hung like fung' what value can you place on his input? ... He's still thinking with his glands.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Biologist » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Brooks,

I read the thread before you posted. I actually considered joining it myself and starting out something like this:

"OK. Gather 'round, kids. Were going to have a little talk. Before getting started though, hung, son, you go ahead and have you a seat over there in the corner. Yes, can take your crayons with you..."

It would be a good one, but I suspect the post would be removed within the hour. Pharma's new litter will be vigilantly guarded; armed troops of Farma Foxs; no one gets near that nursery.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:54 pm

8)
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs