My Lipitor Situation & My First Post

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby schatzi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 pm

[quote="Kid Eh"]Well since nobody is around today I guess I'll start by taking one a day. It can't hurt to not take enough I'm guessing.[/quote]

Suggestion:

EsterC 600 mg, 3 x daily, I take it with a meal
CoQ10 100mg, 2 x daily, also with meal, I think you can take 200mg together as well.
Omega 3 Fish Oil, 1000mg, 2x daily with meal.

I am taking Lovaza 1000mg twice daily. It is prescription Omega3, more potent. Initially the Dr. had me take it 3 times a day for about two month.

Hope this helps some.

All the Best,
Schatzi
schatzi

Postby Kid Eh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you sooo much schatzi.
Kid Eh

Postby ronni » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi kid eh,

I wouldn't stop the bp med just yet. It may take a little while for the coq10 to start working on your bp. Monitor it closely and as the coq10 starts to work, you may be able to lower the amount you take or even wean yourself off completely. You also may want to consider working up to 100mg. of coq10 3x a day with each meal. I take 4 mg. of Astaxanthin twice daily. It helps prevent ldl cholesterol from oxidizing. I take all of my supplements with meals to avoid stomach issues. Also, you could take 3 of the fish oil daily. My cardiologist had me on four 1000mg. a day in the beginning, so it won't hurt you. You will want to buy a brand that won't make you burp fish! The cheaper brands can be rather disgusting.

Ronnni
ronni

Q

Postby Kid Eh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Damn you guys are good. You don't realize how much help you are. At times I feel so alone with this since my cardiologist just ignores me. I've found another but can't see him until December. He comes highly regarded.

So by work the CoQ-10 up you mean maybe just do 2 or 1 for the first while?
Kid Eh

Postby ronni » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 am

Good morning Kid eh,

I would start with 2, one each with breakfast and supper and then add the third after about a week. You may want to work up the full dose of the others as well. Too many supplements all at once when you are not used to them can upset your stomach. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I am going on vaca and won't have as much access to a computer. So don't think I am ignoring you if you have any more questions. I'm very glad to be able to share what I have learned.

Ronni
ronni

Postby Kid Eh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 am

No worries Ronni. Have a great vacation. I think I'll be ok now. Your help is much appreciated.
Kid Eh

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs