No Flush Niacin vs Niaspan

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

No Flush Niacin vs Niaspan

Postby Bianca » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 pm

I am reading more and more that No Flush Niacin does nothing for your cholestrol and the only true Niacin that can work is either Niaspan or Immediate Release Niacin. I asked my doctor and he said both are the same and has never heard of that. I asked my other doctor and he said he heard something about that. He uses regular niacin with his patients but said some of them use no flush and have had some success. I am tired of the mix in opinions. I was taking 4500 mg with barely a budge in my HDLs -- I am now trying 1000 of regular Niacin and dealing with flushes -- The jury is still out. Has anyone had any experience with this? 8) :(
Bianca

Postby David Staup » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:11 am

Bianca,

unless your cholesterol is above 330-350 lowering your cholesterol is counter productive in the long term...your best bet in therapies is diet changes coupled with supplimentation and chealation therapy.
for doctors near you use the following site and select "contains" in the specialties and enter chelation and enter your city. if you live in the US you should see several doctors near you.

*http://www.acamnet.org/site/apps/kb/cs/contactsearch.asp?c=ltJWJ4MPIwE&b=2611447&raw=

David
David Staup

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs